Selecting a new color for a home or office can be exciting and daunting at the same time. Trying to envision what the colors will look like in advance until now has been an exercise in guesswork and hope. Imagine if you were able to instantly see what a particular color would look like in your space? Imagine if you were also able to customize trim, accents and flooring at the same time?
With the McCormick Paints Color Visualizer tool, you no longer have to imagine these capabilities. We will show you how this powerful tool allows you to experiment with every color under the sun without brushing a single stroke.
Advantages of the Color Visualizer
Using swatches to decide upon a color to paint a room or exterior has its limitations. Swatches are small and only cover a tiny part of a given wall or ceiling. The rest of the space must be converted with imagination.
Another drawback is that in order to test a large variety of colors, an inconvenient number of swatches must be used. How many people would actually carry around the hundreds of swatches that represent the various tones and hues available? Our guess is not many.
Envision your space with the Color Visualizer
This all changes, thanks to the McCormick Paints Color Visualizer. Available online for any computer or device user, the Color Visualizer guides you through the process of finding the right paint. Clicking on “Start Now” takes you to the main interface.
At the interface, you will see a filterable assortment of residential, commercial and exterior photos. There is also the option of uploading a photo of your own for the ultimate in customization.
How to use the Color Visualizer
- To use the tool, click “Start Now” and it will bring you to the main page. From here, you can upload your own photos and create a project file by clicking “Upload an Image.” Enter your email and a password to register and begin uploading.
- To use the photos already included in the tool, click on “Get Started” It will then show you a gallery of photographs that you can modify. Clicking on a particular photo provides a larger image along with several options, such as the region that you can paint.
- Select the appropriate region in the photo by clicking that area or by using the tags listed at the top.
- Pick a color for this region visually by simply using the color palette at the top right to get exactly the tone you are looking for.
- Alternatively, you can select a color by typing it into the search box located just underneath the color palette. The system can find your color based on either its name or identification number.
- Once you select your main color, the Color Visualizer will suggest a trim color. You can see these in the Coordinating Colors slider bar at the bottom right. Of course, you can also pick your own color using the methods shown in steps 3 or 4.
- You can modify the floor material and color via the “Select Floor” button. This will bring up a screen with various floor types that you can sample.
In less than five minutes, you can completely change a room or building’s energy and ambiance. To do this with traditional methods is nearly impossible when one considers the time to acquire swatches and the mental gymnastics required to see the changes as they will actually appear.
We invite you to try out the Color Visualizer and start seeing colors just the way you want them.